It’s that time of year again, where the holiday parties are abundant and the drinks are endless. But after attending the office parties, countless friend and family events, we’re sure you’ll be sick of the same two holiday drinks that seem to circle these holiday parties. If you’re planning to host your own party this year, here are a few drink ideas to spruce up your soiree.
Perfect for a holiday brunch or an evening party.
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. sweetened cranberry juice
- 1 bottle champagne
- 12 fresh cranberries
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Rub rims of champagne flutes with lime and dip in sugar. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice into each glass and top with champagne.
- Use a toothpick to poke a hole through cranberries. Thread rosemary skewer through cranberries and garnish mimosas.
- 4 c. Cran-Apple Juice
- 2 bottles red Moscato
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1/2 c. vodka
- 2 c. frozen cranberries
- 1/3 c. mint leaves
- 1/2 c. sugar, for rimming glasses
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- Using a wedge of lime, wet the rim of your glasses. Dip in sugar until coated.
- Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl, stir together and serve.
Pomegranate Moscow Mule
A festive twist on everyone’s favorite cocktail.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 c. ice
- ginger beer
- Sprig of Rosemary
- In a cocktail glass stir together vodka, pomegranate juice, pomegranate seeds, tbsp. lime juice, honey, and ice.
- Top off with ginger beer and garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Salted Caramel Eggnog
For those who love Eggnog and can’t have a holiday party without, here’s your drink.
- caramel sauce, warmed
- 4 oz. eggnog
- 1 oz. spiced rum
- kosher salt
- whipped cream
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- Coat inside of Irish whiskey glass with warm caramel sauce.
- Add eggnog, spiced rum, and a pinch of salt and stir.
- Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel, and freshly grated nutmeg.
For those Christmas and mimosa lovers.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 c. whole fresh cranberries
- 1 c. green grapes, halved
- 1 c. pomegranate seeds
- 1 c. sparkling grape juice
- 1 bottle champagne, prosecco, or cava
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, add apples, cranberries, grapes, and pomegranate seeds. Pour over sparkling grape juice and champagne just before serving.
Slow-Cooker Mulled Wine
A European classic!
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 c. apple cider
- 1 c. cranberry juice
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. fresh cranberries
- 2 oranges, peels and juice
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp. whole cloves
- 1 tbsp. star anise
- Combine wine, cider, cranberry juice, sugar, cranberries, the peel from 1 orange, the juice of 1 orange, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise in a slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on high until warm, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish each glass with a piece of orange peel.